Monday, February 20, 2012

My number 1 music mentor


   As I finish putting together the "retirement book" that my friend Veronica started for me and presented to me,  I see so many pictures of me and my music students and also as a musician.  My whole life has had the touch of this man, Mr. Warren, my number one music mentor.  He was a good, caring man, my music teacher, choral director, marching band teacher, concert band director, stage band director, a Christian man and musician and the leader of his own band until his 80's.  Mr. Warren was the man that placed me in so many opportunities to perform and become self confident doing it.  I accompanied county honors chorus, played in the state, area and county bands, accompanied everything at school, and the stage band went on to get State runner-up the two years that I was in it. 
 
I've always loved music but he was the one who gave me the skills, the confidence, and the passionate heart for music.  I'll always love him.  Rest in peace, my teacher and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment