Wednesday, November 9, 2011


Art Journal 
Blogging

as a part of your quiet time/devotional,
a way to relax, explore, meditate,
doodle-quest for answers,
a reminder of what works,
an art ode of worship to God,
a way to dream,
to grieve,
to celebrate, to express your feelings,
A way to free your creative self...
It can be anything you want it to be,
 but it's great!


   Whether you journal, art journal, blog or combine them, I highly recommend taking the time to do it.  
   There are many resources out there.  An internet friend that I met through a class, has a book called "Journal Bliss-creative prompts to unleash your inner eccentric" by Violette.  You can also google her for her blog/web under Violette.  Another good one is "Faith Books and Spirtual Journaling-expressions of faith through art" by Sharon Soneff.  If you look in the crafts section of your book store you'll find "Inner Excavation," "True Vision," "Creative Wildfire," and many others.  Stampington has a magazine called "Art Journaling" which comes out again Jan 1, I believe.  You can google Stampington, as well, to find it.  Look for art journaling on Amazon, too.
   I didn't plan this art journal entry, at the top of the page, I just created.  I think maybe it was an art quest and shows me what's been on my mind.  Simply exploring where I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment