Sunday, November 13, 2011



I'm so grateful for today, too.



   Today, I get to teach 3rd grade Sunday School.  We call it Power Hour because of the creative way it is set up for 1st-5th grades.  The children sing some great songs, pray  and then perform in a skit, watch a recipe demo (today's activity), go back to their tables to make the recipe....and get to move around and participate a lot.  I love my 3rd grade group.  They're so adorable...great kids.  Some of them are piano students and a couple of them are in a musical production that I'm playing for, in a dance studio.  
   At the rehearsal yesterday, one of them said, "I'm so glad you're my teacher on Sunday, Miss Fran."  Later they waved loudly from the group and said, "See you tomorrow, Miss Fran."  That kind of thing just gives you goosebumps.  Their mom is delightful too.  She's so generous, kind, and expressed such gratitude for having my humble participation in the show.  I'll have to make some changes in the score but it's worth it.  This is another great group of children.  I don't want to let them down.
   I expect the rest of the day to be great, too.  And, I've discovered if it doesn't always turn out quite the way I expected, God has a plan anyway and I trust him.  I've been working on "trust" and "staying in the moment" so that I don't project negative worries or worry, for that matter.  God has performed so many miracles because of that trust.  I love this prayer:

God, grant me the serenity 
to accept what I can not change;
the courage to change
what I can
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Your will, not mine be done.
Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment