Friday, November 11, 2011

This is Jessica and me (Fran) with Rusty in 1991.
My first band was a trio and expanded to 6 pieces plus a horn section add-on.  It was successful and made great money to support me as a single Mom but I was a mess.
  
   I was baptized into the church in 2001 and shortly after studied with Jessica.  Beth and Veronica helped me since it was my first time doing a Bible study to baptize someone.  When I was baptized, I finally felt that I had truly become a Christian by studying the Bible in depth, knowing exactly what I was committing too, and repenting of my sin before I was baptized.  
   Now Jessica and I are playing for free at nursing homes -one the day before Thanksgiving coming up.  Jesus said, "Visit the sick."  We got a big encouragement in seeing the differences that God has made in our lives, when we considered 20 years ago."
   I am so grateful for so many blessings, but baptizing friends into the church and my being a part of our church is a BIG one.  I love all of you in my church and I'm so grateful for the way it has changed my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment