Tuesday, November 1, 2011



Gratitude 


   I am so very grateful for God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit in my life.  I have received so many blessings in my life.  God has always loved me but now that I've repented and been baptized, I am able to draw close to Him every day, all day.  And he truly has blessed me.  This is a poem I layered on to a picture of my childhood rocking chair and the overgrown road into the coal camp where I was born and spent the first 9 years of my life.  There's nothing there now.  You can't even get down the dirt road.
   I was reading this morning in "Crazy Love" and the author was saying that the Bible said that we could test God on tithing.  That he has promised to bless us.  I haven't quite made my retirement checks cover my bills, food, gas etc. but once again I will tithe 10% of my earnings, knowing that God will bless it.  I need a few more piano students and a couple solo or duo gigs a month to be secure but God keeps making it work with surprises...selling an instrument or two, babysitting, and gifts.  I'm not worried, I know he's looking out for me.  Jess and I are sharing our talents with nursing homes a couple times a month.  Jesus calls us to visit the sick, to give (Hope Worldwide) and serve our church community as well.  Started working in children's ministry again, occasionally music and of course CR.  All these are also gifts from God that help me and others.  Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment