Monday, November 7, 2011



Loving and obeying God has to be my first priority!

   As an addict, in the past, I have used prescription pain meds, nicotine, relationships and until 8 days ago, "sugar."  Yes, I said sugar and junk food, actually.  
   When my mind is obsessed with my next comfort (and that's what addictions do for us), it is not focused on Jesus, God or the Holy Spirit.  1 Corinthians 3:16 say, "Don't you know that you, yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?  If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him, for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple."  That sounds harsh but most addictions do destroy us.  Friends, he really does know what's best for us.  
   I recently got a referral for a nutritonist from my doctor and turned my entire will (including my food) over to God   I'm 6 pounds lighter, more energetic and I'm happier.  
   I guess I thought that even when C.R., at my church, recently accepted "sugar" as an addictive chemical, I could still do this myself.  Well, with scripture, the fellowship, and prayer,  I failed for four weeks using my will-power.  The final pieces fell into place when I  realized at a Wed. night meeting, God wanted me to completely turn this one over to him as well.  It was my idol.  My favorite slogan from 12 step programs, has become "Just For Today."  
   By the way, paying my tithe and giving to "Hope Worldwide, " in other words to God, first, is working out too.  As soon as I wrote the check, my agent called and gave me two gigs in D.C. and a  sister in the church got me a musical production gig.  That pays for my tithe and I'm still praying for more gigs and more private students.   I'm still down-sizing.   This retirement will work for the basics and that's all I need.  I know that God's still in control and still working on me and my budget.  
   I also taught in "Power Hour" at church and had so much more energy after giving up sugar.  YAY!  
 Thank you for blessing me and never giving up on me!
   To God Be The Glory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment