Tuesday, November 8, 2011


Be Brave and Be Proactive.  Depression Hurts.


Here are some things I learned and wrote in my little encouragement book:
  • Sugar produces a stress response in your body.
  • Sluggish, tired, brain-fogged...sugar does that.
  • Eat low salt, sugar and saturated fat
  • Good posture and breathing
  • Relax, breathe, exercise, get a massage, take a nap, ride a bike or walk, take a warm bath, read, paint, play music, Chai Tai, play pool, help others, live in the present, lose weight, listen to music, dance, journal or art journal...
  • Have a physical check-up including thyroid, sugar, GYN and mammeogram (guys too if you'e over weight.)
  • Sleep study.
  • Ask questions like:  Where do I want to be this time next year, 5 years, 10 years?.....What are my priorities?  What do I love to do? What part of my character needs work, be gentle but open?  What can I contribute to make the world a better place...can be more than one?  Add your own.  Play, dream and have fun.  Fake it until you make it.
  • Yes, some people have to take medication for depression.  Different types of depression can be life threatening.  See a doctor and a counselor or psychiatrist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment