Monday, October 24, 2011

"Blessed are the merciful for they will be shown mercy."  Matthew 5:7

   Today, I think of a dear friend who's husband just up and left her and her three young children.  I won't presume to know what in the world he was thinking for Jesus calls me to have mercy.  But, I ache for his wife, left with 3 children and a broken heart.  Yes, I know that broken heart that feels like it will actually break and be torn from your body.  
   But, this friend loves God and has raised her children to love God.  She is beautiful and talented and even through her tears, she is strong in the Lord.  Her heart is good, soft and strong enough to not only raise her son and daughter but adopt a child with many needs and requiring patience, prayer and even more love.  She was strong enough to let the man she loved explore all his "boyish" dreams even when it meant staying home alone, waiting all night, long after her children were asleep.  
   She has a heart big enough for many, many friends that love her and ache for her, now in her need.  God, I know you will be merciful to that family and love them through it all.  I can't help but pray the hardest for her and her children even though he is so lost to think hormones and mid-life crisis mean "love."  No, staying with your family is love, the hard kind, the good kind, the kind that God gives us.  I hope he wakes up and realizes before it's too late that he's really going to regret this.  I pray that she will be greatly blessed and favored, Lord.  Hold her and love her and fill that place in the heart that only you can fill, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment