Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Stress
Behavioral Symptoms

Our society is filled with stress.  Many have lost jobs, lost health care, have health problems, lost their homes, and  lost loved ones.  The list goes on.  My first "go-to" is prayer and reading the living Word of God.  But here are a few symptoms.  These are ones that I personally have experienced but they match up with many resources that I have researched on the topic:  compulsive eating, chronic fatigue, feeling closed in and desiring to run, isolating (don't want to leave home), waking up at 3:00 a.m., being self destructive (I hacked off my hair), self-medicating ( this can include food, legal or illegal drugs, alcohol, and even shopping.)  My greatest recent challenge has been with food but it can be anything you go to  in order to feel better or "shut everything out."  
   I'm "putting myself out there" in hopes that I may help others.  You are not alone.  That's what this blog is about.  Get medical help but please talk to God...read the Bible...yes it is still valid, authentic and works in our hearts and minds to heal us.

No comments:

Post a Comment