Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blessed are the peace makers for they will be called sons (and daughters) of God.  Matthew 5:9


What would you put in the windows and door of this church?  I continue to study the beatitudes but my heart is challenged today.  I have envisioned children waving from these windows which is why I have a heart for teaching and writing for children.   And so I write,  even if no one reads, it helps me to cling to God and share his love no matter how I'm feeling today.


  • Jesus said that we would have challenges in this life and wouldn't always understand.  God is beyond our understanding but if we trust him, we will have peace.  His loving hand is our anchor, Jesus, our salvation and the Bible and Holy Spirit our guide.
  • "Jesus is Lord."  This surrender to Jesus will give us the assurance of God's help whatever hardship we face as we share his amazing message.  I have found the most valuable knowledge in the world, yet I struggle to share it.  I have felt so much rejection in my life.  Help me, Lord, to share anyway.
  • Today, I wrestle with an addiction to sugar that I must conquer before I'm officially a diabetic and obese with a stroke or heart attack.  God calls me to care for the "temple" that he has given me and so, I need so much help in overcoming this addiction.  I must turn to God and my Christian friends for help and take this very, very seriously.  Yet, there are only 4 of us in the CR ministry of my county's church.  Why so few?  What's your addiction?  What do you turn to in times of anxiety and trouble?
  • I've been feeling  deeply the grief of losing family and being misunderstood and rejected by them.    I loved, I cared and I tried to protect.  I offered help and it was rejected.  I tried to protect and was misunderstood.  Help me figure out what I did wrong and how to love and forgive despite how I've been hurt.
  • I pray for  additional income (piano students and gigs) to support my retirement.  My health is better but I still have to make a schedule that I can handle and survive on.  
  • I feel insecurity in the calling I have sensed from God to write, compose and record books and music for children.  "Who am I?"  I question my abilities, my character and sometimes my very sanity.  I love you Jesus.  Here I am, Lord, send me.  I'm listening.  


No comments:

Post a Comment