Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mary, mother of Jesus

"Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God."


   The only way I can be pure in heart is to allow the Holy Spirit to work in me.  I have repented and been baptized, so, now continuing to study the Bible helps me see Jesus as he was here on  earth.  To imitate Christ and to reveal him to others in my words and actions is not easy.  That's why he gave us the Holy Spirit when we chose to follow him.
   I know that "WWJD" is wide spread, but do we really know "what Jesus would do."  I read about him and study him.  I find his character from his words and deeds in the Bible.  i.e. He healed the sick, shared his love of God, fed the poor, cared for the widows, and he demonstrated obedience to God.  He never sinned.  He was gentle with the woman at the well and the adulteress but make no mistake, he told them what they must do, change.  He saw the hypocrites for what they were.  He wept........  
   I pray to have the same zeal and passion for the things Jesus cared about.  He never said that it would be easy but we have been given all the tools that we need. 
   His last words to us was to go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them and teaching them all that he taught.  (Matthew 28)  It sounds like the best answer for this crazy hurting world and I want to be one who works for that change.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment