Saturday, October 29, 2011

   For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  2 Tim 1:7


   Rejoice in expectation:  the hope of heaven is more wonderful than we can fathom and if we suffer righteously during this life, God will use even that to shower us w/ blessings.


   But the fruit of the Spirit is love, peace, patience kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  Against such things, there is no law.  Galatians 5:22-23


   I'm reading several good non-fiction Christian books now.  My church is doing "Crazy Love" together (great book).  A few of us are reading "The Disciple of Grace" and I'm reading "Crave" and a few books about the "Moral Compass" and the "Addictive Personality."  My addictive personality has landed on food for the last few years and I've really struggled with using sugar products for comfort.  I'm one of the leaders in a "Chemical Recovery" group at my church and haven't smoked in 10 years and gave up pain meds as well.  It was recommended by another leader that I write another journal and attend an OA meeting (overeaters anonymous).  The 12 steps and others with the same challenges will be good for me...9:00 a.m.  Sugar does serious damage to my health and I need to finally and completely surrender it to God and realize I'm out of control...steps 1 and 2.  We'll see what happens because on my own, I failed again this week. There are two great sisters in our Fredrick church who have given up sugar.  I need to talk with them, too.
   Have a blessed day, breathe deeply, relax, and give your worries to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment