Monday, October 17, 2011




I Like...

An "I like....poem" is another way of feeling gratitude and concentrating on the positive.  I wrote this in a very difficult time.

I like purple, music and poetry.
I like horses, dogs and cats.
I like books and time to read,
Mystery, Christian, stuff like that.
I like James and Chris and wearing God's ring.
I like to paint, and play and sing.


I like to eat but not to cook. 
 It shows on me, when I look. 
 I like to paint and draw and stuff, 
Watch movies when my life gets tough.  
I like to dance and laugh with friends.
Georgie and Riff are two loyal friends.  
They love me no matter what I look like and snuggle with me every night.

I say my prayers and read my Bible.  I go to church, more as I'm able.
I'm loving retirement and hope to travel.
But best of all, I'll be a grandmother.
I'll carry on a fine tradition of teaching them stories and Bible verses.
I'll write them songs about God's love and tell about my own grandmother. 
Mom and Dad, they all loved God.


One day, I'll be in heaven with God, 
But we'll always be watching and singing our love.
I love you so much before you're even born,
I love my kids at church, too
 and I leave you these gifts:
My faith and songs and stories 'bout God.
God Bless You!             Grandma Fran


No comments:

Post a Comment