Saturday, October 8, 2011

Depression odds&ends


   Some foods are truly depressing!  New research shows that regularly consuming transfats (often present in fast foods and pastries) and saturated fats (found in fast food, whole milk and red meat) increase the risk of depression by 48%.  Olive oil on the other hand protects against depression.  So does exercise, by the way.
   I remind myself regularly that my thoughts effect my feelings which effect my actions, so I'm careful what I think about and attempt to project a positive future.  Your body will believe you if you project a negative future and it will give you that.
   The greatest honor we can give God is to live gladly because of the knowledge of his love-Julian of Abrwich.  When we believe him and trust him, he often steps in and blesses us.  He's always with us, so like my art journal says, live out loud and dream out loud and expect the positive.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment