Tuesday, October 18, 2011









      "PTSD"
post traumatic stress disorder
                     or
Loving the Beach
       Again. 






I like jazz and the Rolling Stones,
Playing with others, playing alone.
I can play every instrument except trombone
But my kidnapper played the saxophone.
I love the piano, I've struggled with violin
I bought myself a trumpet
And sold it again.




I love the beach, haven't been for years
It brings back nightmares and terrifying fears.
But, I'll envision Georgie in his adventure by the sea
I sure hope he loves it as much as me.
The bruises are gone, rape was the crime
Kidnapping is brutal, the memories, still mine.
But, surf and sand will cool my toes;
Sun and wind will burn my nose.
I'll be cleansing my spirit of the vicious past,
Finding real freedom, at long, long last.
Loving the beach, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment